Rehabilitation with Real Results.
Rehabilitation at University Heights is what we’re known for. It’s personalized in every way, so each patient achieves real, lasting results. The goal is to reach an optimal level of functioning and return home safely. Physical, occupational or speech therapy. We have it all right on campus and close to Community Hospital South. Our expert nursing and therapy teams have the knowledge, skills and experience you need. And they’ll be there during every step of your recovery.
Our short-term rehabilitation program specializes in treating people who have experienced cardiovascular, neurological, or orthopedic challenges such as strokes or hip fractures. In addition, our short-term rehabilitation staff provides numerous therapies, including:
- VitalStim for swallowing impairments
- Respiratory therapy
- Intravenous therapy
- Anodyne therapy for treating neuropathy, wounds, chronic pain, and arthritis
- Accelerated Care Plus (ACP) to speed recovery and reduce pain and swelling following joint replacement surgery
- Post-acute rehabilitative care for stroke, heart attack, amputation, balance dysfunction, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and other neuromuscular diseases
Accommodations, Services and Amenities:
- Private studio-like apartment suites
- Private bath with shower
- Fully furnished with electric bed, comfortable chairs and dining table
- Hardwood-look laminate floors
- Flat-screen TV, telephone, spacious closet
- Modern, fully equipped therapy gym
- Community lounges and living rooms
- Restaurant-style dining room
- Secure outdoor courtyard
- Recreational and therapeutic activities
- Home Transition Program
- Support services including assistance with insurance
- Medicare, Medicaid and most insurances accepted
Let’s get moving.
At University Heights, our skilled team of physical therapists and nurses are ready to get you back to normal, without lingering pain. Through exercises, massage, and revolutionary techniques, we’ll be there every step of the way. Plus, you’ll get personalize treatments and real results. It’s a program designed specifically for you.
Ease back into your daily routine.
At University Heights, all of your occupational therapy needs can be met right on site. Our skilled therapists focus on improving your ability to perform daily tasks. Our program is unique. Instead of focusing on one part of the body, we treat the whole person. With wellness and rehabilitation, you’ll get back to being fully engaged in your daily life.
Communication with care.
If you or a loved one is in need of speech therapy, you can find it here at University Heights. Whether you need extra care due to a swallowing disorder such as Dysphagia, or have a speech or language impairment, our caring staff is here to help address each person’s individual needs. Our approach is simple. We treat you like family and will help you get back to normal, with care and compassion.
Accelerated Care Plus
CarDon partners with Accelerated Care Plus (ACP). The nation’s leading provider of integrated clinical programs for sub-acute and long-term care rehabilitation providers. ACP combines specialized treatment programs, innovative medical technology, evidence-based clinical protocols, and advanced therapist training to assure patients they’re receiving the very best in rehabilitation services. For more information visit the ACP website.
If it’s time to go home, University Heights’ in-home transition program is specifically designed with you in mind. Our staff provides home evaluations to make sure your return home is safe and successful. We’ll take the worry out of your return. Plus, we provide continuing support to residents and their families, focusing on the wellness and independence.